Version - February 2019
Privacy notice – User Survey
Who are we?
We are Canonical Group Limited. Our address is 5th, Floor Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SU. You can contact us by post at the above address or by email to email@example.com for the attention of “Legal”.
We are not required to have a data protection officer, so any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What personal data do we collect?
When you submit live feedback on the webpage, we may invite you to leave your email address and related information via Usabilla’s software platform. You may be shown different surveys depending on user features and usage. Usabilla will share this information with us.
Why do we collect this information?
We will use your information for user research. We ask for your consent to do this and will only contact you for this purpose for as long as you continue to consent. This may involve inviting you to talk to us about how you use Canonical products and to test new features.
What do we do with your information?
Your information is stored in our database and may be processed outside of the European Economic Area. It is shared with the third parties only as reasonably required for Canonical to process and store your data in accordance with this notice.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Where the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply to the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to approved contract terms designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of misuse of you personal information. If you would like further information please contact us (see “Your right to complain” below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA.
How long do we keep your information for?
We keep your information for as long as you continue to consent to participate in user research and thereafter for so long as reasonably required in accordance with our record retention policy.
Your rights over your information
You have a number of important rights under data protection laws. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information;
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy notice is already designed to address;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- claim compensation for damages caused by out breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email or write to us, please see “Your right to complain” section below;
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email you can also click on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email. Please note that this is not automatic, but will be implemented once confirmed.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
Changes to this Privacy notice
This Privacy notice will be reviewed from time to time. If we decide to change this Privacy notice we will post the changes here. However, if we intend to make material changes to the way we use your personal information we will notify you before doing do. Any personal information held will be governed by our most current notice.
Your right to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. You can contact us at any time. Any questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy notice or any other related matter are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below:
5th Floor, Blue Fin Building
110 Southwark Street
London, SE1 0SU
Alternatively, you can use the relevant contact us form.
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or write to them at: