Optimised Ubuntu on public clouds
Ubuntu builds optimised and certified server images for partners like Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud and Oracle. In addition, Canonical offers Ubuntu Advantage, enterprise-grade commercial support, on these images.
Ubuntu Pro on public cloud
- 10 years of package updates and security maintenance with Ubuntu Pro
- Kernel Livepatch, which allows for continuous security patching and higher uptime and availability by allowing kernel security updates to be applied without a reboot
- Rigorous compliance profiles such as CIS benchmarks and DISA-STIG to enable high security and regulated environments
- FIPS 140 certified components for use in environments under compliance regimes such as FedRAMP, PCI, HIPAA and ISO
- Patch coverage for Ubuntu's infrastructure and application repositories, spanning hundreds of open source workloads including Apache Kafka, MongoDB, Node.js, RabbitMQ, Redis and more
- Maintenance and security updates guaranteed for five years with Ubuntu LTS
- Enterprise-grade support and management tools available direct from Canonical
- Proven for enterprise-scale workloads on all leading public clouds
- Free from licence fees, regardless of how many images you run
Use Ubuntu in the cloud
Here are some shortcuts to get you up and running with Ubuntu on various public clouds. You can also use our Ubuntu Cloud image finder to search for the ids of specific Ubuntu images on various public clouds by location, architecture, release and more.
Develop with Ubuntu cloud images
If you want to modify the standard images, develop locally with a specific public cloud image, or use an image on your private cloud, you can download them from cloud-images.ubuntu.com.