Ceph implementation challenges
Designing an optimised storage solution for any use case requires expert level knowledge, and many years of experience.
Common questions that arise during design and build:
- Which deployment tooling should I use?
- Which version of Ceph should I install?
- What CPUs, Memory, Disks, NICs should I buy?
- How do I configure my network? Should I bond my interfaces?
- Which workloads are suitable for Ceph?
- Can I use Ceph for traditional workloads too?
- How can I secure my cluster?
- How can I prepare for Disaster Recovery?
Canonical's Ceph consultants can help guide you through these and many other questions related to deploying a cost-effective and fit for purpose Ceph storage system for a fixed price.
What consulting services are available?
Canonical offers two Ceph cluster consulting packages, Ceph Cluster Build (CCB), and Ceph Cluster Build Plus (CCB Plus). CCB is a basic package to get your Ceph cluster up and running in a simplified configuration, and CCB Plus offers more consulting time to evaluate your needs and customise the deployment architecture as required.
Both packages are provided as fixed price services, therefore all project costs are transparent and predictable.
Both packages include a workshop for team introductions, requirements gathering and architecture discussion and design. The workshop for CCB is provided remotely, and CCB Plus is provided on-site.
During the workshop, our consultant will assess your existing infrastructure (be it on-prem, hybrid, or public cloud based), to ensure that the architecture design meets the needs of your applications.
Working jointly with your team, we design the Ceph cluster to meet your requirements. Providing guidance around hardware and configuration options.
Once your hardware is stood up, we test it end-to-end, ensuring all components are functional, and the networking is correctly configured. Then we build the cluster, validate it, and finally benchmark it's performance before your data is onboarded.
Optionally, we can assist with data migrations from other storage systems. We partner with market-leading companies that can assist with minimally disruptive migrations.
On conclusion of the engagement we provide a detailed deployment guide that enables repeatable re-deployments of your cluster, and perform a formal handover process to your team, or to our Managed Service team.
Charmed Ceph provides automation around common tasks, such as cluster scaling, integration and Ceph upgrades.
If required we can deliver Ceph training courses to your team to familiarise them with Charmed Ceph.
Ceph Cluster Build pricing
Ceph Cluster Build
$25,000 fixed price
Design and deployment of an Object only Ceph cluster based on Canonical’s reference architecture.
What's included: *
- Object storage interface (S3 compatible)
- Hardware guidance and sizing
- Hardware and Network Reference Architecture
- Containerised control plane
- Observability stack
- High availability
Ceph Cluster Build Plus
$50,000 fixed price
Design and deployment of a multi-protocol Ceph cluster, based on a custom architecture tuned to your needs.
What's included: *
Everything in Private Cloud Build, plus:
- Block, object and file storage interfaces
- Custom scale-out architecture
- Capacity planning
- Storage-oriented networking
- Transparent caching
- Multiple storage pools
- Data encryption at rest, with integrated Key Management
- Security hardening and compliance
* Additional features, functionality and integrations are available via add-ons
Companies using Ceph
There are multiple users of Ceph across a broad range of industries, from academia to telecommunications and cloud service providers. Ceph is particularly favoured for its flexibility, scalability, and robustness.
NOTABLE CEPH USERS