Ubuntu on public clouds
Ubuntu is the world's most popular cloud operating system across public clouds. Thanks to its security, versatility and policy of regular updates, Ubuntu is the leading cloud guest OS and the only free cloud operating system with the option of enterprise-grade commercial support.
Ubuntu Pro on public cloud
- 10 years of package updates and security maintenance with Ubuntu Pro
- Kernel Livepatch, which allows for continuous security patching and higher uptime and availability by allowing kernel security updates to be applied without a reboot
- Customised FIPS and Common Criteria EAL-compliant components for use in environments under compliance regimes such as FedRAMP, PCI, HIPAA and ISO
- Patch coverage for Ubuntu's infrastructure and application repositories, spanning hundreds of open source workloads including Apache Kafka, MongoDB, Node.js, RabbitMQ, Redis and more
- Maintenance and security updates guaranteed for five years with Ubuntu LTS
- Enterprise-grade support and management tools available direct from Canonical
- Proven for enterprise-scale workloads on all leading public clouds
- Free from licence fees, regardless of how many images you run
A selection of our certified public cloud partners
Fast service deployment with Juju
Juju is the fastest way to deploy and scale out your workloads on the leading public clouds. With Juju charm bundles, you can launch an entire cloud environment with one click, or just one command using the CLI. Use Juju to deploy your entire application infrastructure, all in one.
Trusted Container (OCI) Images
The provenance of base and application images is critical for security. While tooling like Docker makes retrieving and running images trivial, ensuring a trusted software supply chain is required. A simple way to get started is by using our hardened repositories. We maintain a set of stable & secure (LTS) tracks for application, runtime, and base container images. Get the best of the Ubuntu developer experience and commercial commitments for enterprise containers.
Accelerate innovation across clouds with fully managed Apache Kafka, Kubeflow, ElasticSearch and more. We build and operate the solution for you, backed by a full SLA. With Canonical's managed open source application services there's no lock in and you can take over control whenever you want.
Ready to get started?
Ubuntu Pro for AWS is a premium image designed by Canonical to provide the most comprehensive feature set for production environments running in the public cloud.
Ubuntu Pro includes optimised kernel, hardening and security coverage for the entire collection of software packages shipped with Ubuntu.