UBUNTU ON AZURE POWERS CLOUD LEADERS LIKE
Choose the right Ubuntu for you
Select between standard Ubuntu Server and the Pro edition, which includes expanded security and Azure integration:
Free to use
- Azure-optimised kernel and userspace components built from the latest releases
- Broad set of open source application components available for development
- Security patches for the kernel and key infrastructure components
- Updates mirrored and images published in all Azure regions worldwide
- 5-year lifetime
Run Ubuntu 20.04 LTS: Standard
Ubuntu Pro for Azure
Starting at 0.1c/hour
- Includes all Ubuntu optimisations and updates of the free version
- Expanded security covering 26,000 additional application components delivered with Ubuntu
- Kernel live patching for instant security and longer uptimes
- FIPS 140-2 and CC-EAL certified components
- Integration with Azure security and compliance features
- 10-year lifetime
Ubuntu on Azure runs on an Azure-optimised kernel, which includes improved device drivers, like Accelerated Networking, and out of the box support for accelerators like GPUs. This means faster instance starts and better runtime performance for your workloads.
Security built in
Our security teams track alerts 24x7 and release patches to system components and applications continuously. Canonical operates a worldwide distribution network ensuring that package updates are delivered in-region quickly.
All the bits you need
Ubuntu includes everything you need out of the box to build and operate cloud-native applications at scale. Supporting runtimes like Python, Node.js and Go, and server components like Apache Kafka, NGINX, MongoDB, Redis and PostgreSQL.
Get Ubuntu Pro on Azure now:
Optimise your cloud journey with Canonical
Canonical works with the top enterprises and innovators in the world to define and execute their cloud journeys. Migration, application redesign, support and optimisation services are some of the ways in which we have helped customers make the most of Ubuntu and Azure together.
Microsoft and Canonical have partnered to bring an outstanding value proposition for Ubuntu users on Azure; no other platform has this level of performance, security and platform integration.Christian Reis, VP Public Cloud