Download Ubuntu Server
Ubuntu Server 18.04.3 LTS
The long-term support version of Ubuntu Server, including the Queens release of OpenStack and support guaranteed until April 2023 — 64-bit only.
This release uses our new installer, Subiquity. If you need support for options not implemented in Subiquity, such as encrypted filesystem support, the traditional installer can be found on the alternative downloads page.
Ubuntu Server 19.04
The latest version of Ubuntu Server, including nine months of security and maintenance updates, until January 2020.
Server provisioning with MAAS
- Metal as a Service (MAAS) offers cloud style provisioning for physical servers
- Designed for building data centres with complex networks
- Supports Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS and RHEL
Ubuntu Server 18.04.3 LTS for OpenStack
- Supported for five years by Canonical
- Updated to the OpenStack Queens release, including Designate, more flexible Ceph deployments and improved monitoring.
- Nova LXD driver - deploy OpenStack instances as system containers, dramatically increasing per-node density
- Juju OpenStack bundle - automated deployment of OpenStack into LXD system containers
- ZFS support for LXD OpenStack hosts
- Certified by Microsoft to host Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 as guests, under its Server Virtualisation Validation Program (SVVP)
- Multi platform support OpenStack, Juju, MAAS, LXD on IBM LinuxONE mainframe, IBM Power 8 and ARM64
Ubuntu Server for ARM
Optimised for hyperscale deployments and certified on a number of ARM chipsets, including HP, Cavium, Applied Micro and Marvell — Ubuntu Server for ARM includes the 64-bit ARMv8 platforms.
Ubuntu for POWER
Ubuntu is available on the IBM POWER platform, bringing the entire Ubuntu and OpenStack ecosystem to IBM POWER.
Ubuntu for IBM Z
IBM Z and LinuxONE leverage open technology solutions to meet the demands of the new application economy. Ubuntu is now available, with Juju and Ubuntu OpenStack.