Multipass for instant Ubuntu VMs
With Multipass you can download, configure, and control Ubuntu Server virtual machines with latest updates preinstalled. Set up a mini-cloud on your Linux, Windows, or macOS system.
Server provisioning with MAAS
- Metal as a Service (MAAS) offers cloud style provisioning for physical servers
- Designed for building data centres with complex networks
- Supports Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS and RHEL
Ubuntu Server 18.04.3 LTS for OpenStack
- Supported for five years by Canonical
- Updated to the OpenStack Train release, including Designate, more flexible Ceph deployments and improved monitoring.
- Nova LXD driver - deploy OpenStack instances as system containers, dramatically increasing per-node density
- Juju OpenStack bundle - automated deployment of OpenStack into LXD system containers
- ZFS support for LXD OpenStack hosts
- Certified by Microsoft to host Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 as guests, under its Server Virtualisation Validation Program (SVVP)
- Multi platform support OpenStack, Juju, MAAS, LXD on IBM LinuxONE mainframe, IBM Power 8 and ARM64
Ubuntu Server for ARM
Optimised for hyperscale deployments and certified on a number of ARM chipsets, including HP, Cavium, Applied Micro and Marvell — Ubuntu Server for ARM includes the 64-bit ARMv8 platforms.
Ubuntu for POWER
Ubuntu is available on the IBM POWER platform, bringing the entire Ubuntu and OpenStack ecosystem to IBM POWER.
Ubuntu for IBM Z
IBM Z and LinuxONE leverage open technology solutions to meet the demands of the new application economy. Ubuntu is now available, with Juju and Ubuntu OpenStack.