This guide provides insights into open source vulnerability management, highlighting the challenges faced by organisations and offering best practices to overcome them for effective cybersecurity.
Open source usage has increased significantly, permeating most organisations’ technology stacks. Open source software is transparent by design and, therefore, easier to audit for security flaws, but maintaining and securing open source software can be complex. Scarce resources and skill shortages, software stack complexity and many dependencies pose challenges.
What will you learn from this guide?
- What are the challenges with open source security vulnerabilities?
- Why is a holistic approach to open source security so important?
- What is the NIST cybersecurity framework?
- What are the best practices for effective vulnerability management?
- How can the NIST cybersecurity framework be applied with Ubuntu Pro?
- Find out more about Ubuntu Pro
- Read the Ubuntu Pro FAQ and ask questions
- Watch the Ubuntu Pro webinar
- Get your Ubuntu Pro subscription, free for personal use
- Get your environment more secure following the Ubuntu Pro tutorial
- Watch Canonical CEO Mark Shuttleworth introducing Ubuntu Pro
- Talk to an expert about your open source security needs