Canonical will design and deploy OpenStack on your premises
Building and running an OpenStack cloud requires specialised expertise and low-level Linux OS knowledge. Canonical brings the full stack — from kernel to containers to applications - along with operating experience from hundreds of OpenStack deployments around the world to get you started efficiently.
Once you are certain OpenStack is the right choice we can deliver your cloud in two weeks. Only then do you need to commit the devops talent required to run your cloud, or outsource that to Canonical as well.
From zero to private cloud — OpenStack delivery on rails
With many years experience deploying, supporting, running and upgrading OpenStack clouds, Canonical offers a unique fixed-price private cloud delivery service with a proven reference architecture, called Private Cloud Build.
What’s available with Private Cloud Build?
- Two-day onsite workshop for introductions, requirements gathering and architecture design
- Existing VMware, public cloud and on-prem workload assessment
- Ongoing operations automation for scaling, node replacement, upgrades
- Full high availability of all OpenStack control plane and API services
- Containerised, hyper-converged or discrete architecture flexibility
- Optimised KVM hypervisor for virtual machines and LXD container guests for ultra-dense Linux
- Resilient network-based Ceph and direct-attach storage options for guests
- VMware migration tools and services
- Observability, log analysis and monitoring dashboards with Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, Elastic Search and Kibana included as standard
- Complete handover with tenant onboarding, documentation, and details of ongoing support
- Disaster recover and third-party tenant storage backup solutions available
- Automated re-deployment guide and scripts
- Option to have Canonical provide operations and management remotely for a period
- OpenStack upgrades by Canonical on demand
- Compliance requirements analysis
- Telco VNF expertise and onboarding
Working with Canonical
If you have complex requirements, Canonical structures the engagement as a series of iterations, starting with proven and well-understood components and architecture. The goal is rapid engagement with other parts of your business that you hope to win as internal customers, and evolution to add capabilities based on their feedback together with your requirements as the IT infrastructure owners.
Time-to-engagement is the key metric for private cloud, since the flow of workloads is dependent on devops confidence in the new infrastructure. The sooner you engage your application developers and operations teams, the sooner you will start growing your private cloud capacity.
Cloud architecture design and consulting
Canonical experts work with your architects to establish your private cloud requirements and define the optimal architecture for your initial business workloads.
We advise on hardware selection and map out potential enterprise integrations for your OpenStack cloud such as storage and identity.
Ops dashboards and monitoring included
Logging and monitoring complex distributed systems is an art form! Canonical’s operations teams run hundreds of infrastructure subsystems and clouds, and have converged on a world-class open source monitoring stack.
Your Private Cloud Build comes with modern open source tools — Prometheus, ELK and Nagios — for deep insights into your infrastructure performance and health.
24x7 support or outsourced operations
Our support plans have you covered so your cloud receives updates, and an SLA for issues that arise during operations.
We also offer on-demand upgrades to newer versions of OpenStack if you want us to take care of it, and full remote operations and cloud management if you’d rather stay focused on your business workloads exclusively.
Get started on your OpenStack journey with Canonical, the global leaders
Consulting, design and delivery pricing
Our consulting delivery package comes in two flavours — Cloud Build and Cloud Build Plus, with the latter offering more consulting time to evaluate and integrate a wider range of custom architectural possibilities.
Private Cloud Build
Reference architecture deployment on 12+ nodes.
Two-week delivery of a highly available OpenStack on your certified hardware and in your data center.
- Hardware guidance and sizing
- Fixed-price deployment
- Reference architecture
- Open source storage
- Simplified networking
- Containerised control plane
- Log aggregation
- Monitoring cluster
- Upgrades on demand
- High availability
Private Cloud Build Plus
Custom architecture for your specific industry or workload requirements.
Co-designed workshops to determine the optimal architecture for your workloads and integration requirements. Our engineers then deploy it for you.
- Workload analysis
- VMware migration plan
- Customised architecture
- Containerised or isolated control plane
- Storage and SDN integration
- LDAP or Active Directory
- Corporate monitoring
- Telco VNF onboarding
- GPGPU and FPGA passthrough
- HPC optimisation
- Regulatory compliance
- High availability
Support and operations — for smooth running clouds, 24/7
$1,500 per server per year
- 24-hour phone and web support
- Access to self-service customer care portal
- Access to Canonical’s knowledge base
- Landscape Systems Management
- Includes support for Ubuntu guests
- Includes support for Kubernetes
- Includes optimised Windows guest drivers
Fully Managed OpenStack
$500 per server per month
- ‘BootStack’ service by Canonical
- Build, operate and transfer OpenStack
- Outsource operations of your OpenStack cloud
- SLA and regular independent audits
- Training and transfer options
- Fastest way to engage your developers
- Reference private cloud or custom architecture
- Most cost-effective approach up to 200 nodes
- 24/7 operations with fully staffed NOC
- Optional managed Kubernetes service on top
- EU and US-only operations options available
Companies using OpenStack with Canonical
Build your OpenStack cloud with Canonical
Find out how Canonical delivers the world’s favourite enterprise OpenStack. The choice of the largest operators in telco, finance, media, pharma, retail and government sectors, Canonical’s OpenStack on Ubuntu offers a flexible architecture and enables integration of GPGPUs, FPGAs and cloud network accelerators.