Supported Ceph versions
Supported Ceph versions are associated with supported stable Ubuntu LTS releases:
- 17.2.x (Quincy) on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy)
- 17.2.x (Quincy) on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal)
- 16.2.x (Pacific) on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal)
- 15.2.x (Octopus) on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal)
- 15.2.x (Octopus) on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic)
- 13.2.x (Mimic) on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic)
- 12.2.x (Luminous) on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic)
The Ceph charms consume Ceph software packages either from a host’s default Ubuntu archive (“Distro”) or from the Ubuntu Cloud Archive (UCA). The purpose of the UCA is to make available recent versions of OpenStack (which consumes Ceph) to Ubuntu LTS releases. The selection of a Ceph version with Charmed Ceph therefore often makes reference to the Charmed OpenStack project.
The following graphic summarises Ceph versions, the UCA (or Distro), and LTS releases:
For instance, it is possible to deploy Ceph Quincy on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS via the UCA or on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS via the regular Ubuntu package archive. See Ceph and the UCA for details.