USN-5672-2: GMP vulnerability
6 March 2023
GMP could be made to crash if it received specially crafted input.
- gmp - Multiprecision arithmetic library developers tools
USN-5672-1 fixed a vulnerability in GMP. This update provides
the corresponsing update for Ubuntu 14.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that GMP did not properly manage memory
on 32-bit platforms when processing a specially crafted
input. An attacker could possibly use this issue to cause
applications using GMP to crash, resulting in a denial of
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- libgmpxx4ldbl - 2:5.1.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1+esm1
- libgmp10 - 2:5.1.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1+esm1
- libgmp-dev - 2:5.1.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1+esm1
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
- USN-5672-1: libgmpxx4ldbl, libgmp-dev, libgmp10, gmp, libgmp3-dev, libgmp10-doc