This is the Ubuntu Kernel Team highlights and status for the week.
If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-kernel channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel Team mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add virtualbox guest driver to artful 4.13 kernel
- Start work on 4.12-based raspi2 kernel for artful
- Added aufs driver to 4.13 artful kernel
- Update 4.12 artful kernel to v4.12.5
- Rebase 4.13 artful kernel to v4.13-rc4
- Upload 4.11.0-12.18 to artful-proposed
- Stress-ng 0.08.10 released; improvements on the dirdeep stressor and fixes on the job script parsing
- intel-cmt-cat 1.1.0 released; (Intel Platform Quality of Service and Cache Allocation Technology tools)
The following SRU kernels have been promoted to -updates and -security:
Trusty 3.13.0-126.175 Xenial 4.4.0-89.112 Zesty 4.10.0-30.34 trusty/lts-xenial 4.4.0-89.112~14.04.1 xenial/hwe 4.10.0-30.34~16.04.1 xenial/raspi2 4.4.0-1067.75 xenial/snapdragon 4.4.0-1069.74 xenial/aws 4.4.0-1028.37 xenial/gke 4.4.0-1024.24 zesty/raspi2 4.10.0-1013.16
Embargoed CVE-2017-7533 has been made public and the fix released for all the affected kernels.
CVE’s fixed by the kernels published on -updates and -security:
Two new kernel snaps are now being distributed: aws-kernel and gke-kernel.
The following kernel snaps have been uploaded to the snapcraft store:
- gke-kernel 22.214.171.1244.26
- pc-kernel 126.96.36.199.95
- pi2-kernel 188.8.131.527.68
- dragonboard-kernel 184.108.40.2069.62
Development Kernel Announcements
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. The artful kernel is now based on Linux 4.11. The Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel Freeze is Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
Stable Kernel Announcements
Current cycle: 04-Aug through 26-Aug
04-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle. 07-Aug - 12-Aug Kernel prep week. 13-Aug - 25-Aug Bug verification & Regression testing. 28-Aug Release to -updates.
Next cycle: 25-Aug through 16-Sep
25-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle. 28-Aug - 02-Sep Kernel prep week. 03-Sep - 15-Sep Bug verification & Regression testing. 18-Sep Release to -updates.
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.