The Security Team weekly reports are intended to be very short summaries of the Security Team’s weekly activities.
If you would like to reach the Security Team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-hardened channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Hardened mailing list at: email@example.com
During the last week, the Ubuntu Security team:
- Triaged 301 public security vulnerability reports, retaining the 47 that applied to Ubuntu.
- Published 5 Ubuntu Security Notices which fixed 3 security issues (CVEs) across 7 supported packages.
Ubuntu Security Notices
Mainline Inclusion Requests
libteam underway (LP: #1392012)
- Disable squashfs fragments in snap
- PR 4387 – explicitly deny ~/.gnupg/random_seed in gpg-keys interface
- Submitted PR 4399 for rewrite snappy-app-dev in Go
- Created PR 4406 – interfaces/dbus: adjust slot policy for listen, accept and accept4 syscalls
- PR 4365 – wayland slot implementation
What the Security Team is Reading This Week
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.