We kicked off OpenStack Summit Tokyo’s Thursday Track Day with Mark Shuttleworth’s opening address, “OpenStack for Everyone”. You can watch it yourself below”
- Large OpenStacks Are Choosing Ubuntu – Every six months, the OpenStack Foundation does a survey of users. In the most recent one, the number of participants doubled and the adoption of Ubuntu grew even further. Download OpenStack User 2015 survey
- Put Your OpenStack On Autopilot – Watch an on stage demonstration of our intelligent OpenStack installer to see how Autopilot can help you deploy and manage your cloud quickly and easily.
- Pure Container Hypervisor – LXD combines the speed and density of containers with the security of traditional virtual machines. With the world’s fastest hypervisor, we can make the world’s fastest clouds.
- Top Of Rack Switches – What’s on top of our OpenStack clouds is an infrequently asked question. Find out how the network itself can be a platform for innovation using top of rack switches in combination with snappy Ubuntu Core.
- Driving Revenue – Managing the cost of OpenStack Clouds is only half the challenge. The real economic challenge facing cloud operators is revenue. The Juju App Store for OpenStack will allow ISVs to enable their applications to launch, scale, and integrate automatically on any cloud environment.
- Rock Solid Releases – Find out how we’re making upgrading OpenStack a seamless experience, but also making Ubuntu reliable and resilient for our customers.
For OpenStack to be successful, it has to go from being a very exclusive, very specialist cluster of technologies into something everybody assumes they can run for themselves.
With Canonical’s tools and innovations, we’re bringing that reality one step closer.
Recent surveys found that many popular containers had known vulnerabilities. Container images provenance is critical for a secure software supply chain in production. Benefit from Canonical’s security expertise with the LTS Docker images portfolio, a curated set of application images, free of vulnerabilities, with a 24/7 commitment.
In today’s rapidly changing digital environment, the significance of robust Docker container security measures cannot be overstated. Even the containerised...
Containerization vs. Virtualization : understand the differences and benefits of each approach, as well as connections to cloud computing.
In a previous post, I explained how we made our Ubuntu image 15 times smaller by chiselling a specific slice of Ubuntu for .NET developers. In this blog, I...