USN-6179-1: Jettison vulnerability
20 June 2023
Jettison could be made to crash if it opened a specially crafted file.
- libjettison-java - A Java library for converting XML to JSON and vice-versa
It was discovered that Jettison incorrectly handled certain inputs. If a
user or an automated system were tricked into opening a specially crafted
input file, a remote attacker could possibly use this issue to cause a
denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- libjettison-java - 1.4.1-1ubuntu0.22.04.1+esm1
- libjettison-java - 1.4.0-1ubuntu0.20.04.1+esm1
- libjettison-java - 1.4.0-1ubuntu0.18.04.1~esm2
- libjettison-java - 1.2-3ubuntu0.1~esm2
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.