USN-5725-2: Go vulnerability
23 May 2023
Go applications could be made to hang or crash if they received specially crafted input.
- golang-1.13 - Go programming language compiler
USN-5725-1 fixed a vulnerability in Go. This update provides
the corresponding update for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
Original advisory details:
Diederik Loerakker, Jonny Rhea, Raúl Kripalani, and Preston
Van Loon discovered that Go incorrectly handled certain inputs.
An attacker could possibly use this issue to cause Go applications
to hang or crash, resulting in a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- golang-1.13-src - 1.13.8-1ubuntu1~16.04.3+esm2
- golang-1.13 - 1.13.8-1ubuntu1~16.04.3+esm2
- golang-1.13-go - 1.13.8-1ubuntu1~16.04.3+esm2
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
You still need to update all packages built with the affected version.
- USN-5725-1: golang-1.13, golang-1.13-doc, golang-1.13-src, golang-1.13-go