USN-4410-1: Net-SNMP vulnerability
02 July 2020
Net-SNMP could be made to crash if it received specially crafted input.
- net-snmp - SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) server and applications
A double-free bug was discovered in snmpd server. An authenticated user could
potentially cause a DoS by sending a crafted request to the server.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- libsnmp-base - 5.8+dfsg-2ubuntu2.1
- libsnmp-perl - 5.8+dfsg-2ubuntu2.1
- libsnmp35 - 5.8+dfsg-2ubuntu2.1
- snmpd - 5.8+dfsg-2ubuntu2.1
After a standard system update you need to restart snmpd to make
all the necessary changes.