USN-3498-2: curl vulnerability
04 December 2017
curl could be made to crash if it received specially crafted input.
- curl - HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP client and client libraries
USN-3498-1 fixed a vulnerability in curl. This update provides
the corresponding update for Ubuntu 12.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that curl incorrectly handled FTP wildcard matching. A
remote attacker could use this issue to cause curl to crash, resulting in a
denial of service, or possibly obtain sensitive information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- curl - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.19
- libcurl3 - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.19
- libcurl3-gnutls - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.19
- libcurl3-nss - 7.22.0-3ubuntu4.19
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.