While the IT world witnesses the advent of over-the-air firmware updates, modern factories still require costly manual interventions and on-site engineer visits to the shop floor.
To fully reap the benefits of Industry 4.0, the industrial factory has to close the gaps between OT and IT. The convergence between the two domains calls for a transition from legacy stacks with closed standards and interfaces to modern IT solutions and the embrace of open-source software.
When the two worlds converge, companies can see:
- Improved quality management, knowledge sharing and operational efficiency
- Increased overall equipment effectiveness
- Reduced process downtime and cost of goods sold
In this webinar, we will discuss:
- the challenges in bringing IT to operational technologies in the context of Industry 4.0
- how embedded Linux can help power up industrial automation.