The Telco Podcast
We are heavily involved in the telecom ecosystem, working up the stack with silicon vendors, SDK providers, network function creators, service providers and UE/CPE manufacturers. This gives us a lot of exposure on what’s goin on in the industry and we decided to share that insights.
That’s why we are announcing a start of The Telco Podcast, which you can find on https://anchor.fm/thetelcopodcast and on your favorite platforms like Spotify or Apple Podcasts.
In the first episode I invited Arno van Huyssteen, our telco CTO to answer frequently asked questions on open source in telco space. We discussed:
- what are the open source projects used heavily in telco
- how mobile operators utilize public cloud
- the evolution of network functions PNF -> VNF -> CNF and what are the infrastructure options
- what are benefits from using open source, neutral infrastructure provider in the core network
- OpenRAN, development of O-RU, O-DU, O-CU and what are the kernel options
- what to consider when designing modern edge infrastructures
From the next episode we start with sharing news from the industry, and our commentary to all technological breakthroughs happening in open source communities. Stay tuned and subscribe for notifications about the next episode.
Also if you are interested what Canonical is doing in the telecom space go and visit https://ubuntu.com/telco
What is Kubernetes?
Designed with economics in mind, Canonical's solutions for telecommunications ensure ROI, providing first class
quality at the same time.
Save costs by operating your infrastructure and applications the smart way, ensuring full automation from day 0 to day N.