This past week we’ve been working very hard to land all those last few bits ahead of us tagging a number of 3.0.0.beta1 releases of all our repositories.
We’re now waiting for a few last bits to land, including LXD clustering and some reshuffling of templates, bindings and tools in LXC. The current plan is to start tagging a number of projects later today, tomorrow and Wednesday, with all of them making their way into Ubuntu by end of day on Thursday.
Note that all of those will be beta releases and so will not see our usual backporting effort at this point nor get full release announcements, we’ll keep all that for the final 3.0 release in about a month’s time.
For snap users, we expect to push all of this to the currently unused
beta channel, allowing you to try the upcoming LXD 3.0 along with the matching LXC 3.0 and LXCFS 3.0.
Upcoming conferences and events
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Distributed database for LXD clustering
- New image generation tool for LXC/LXD
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Implemented local storage volume copy/move.
- Fixed a
- Added a description field on operations.
- Added a new
lxd-p2ctool to transfer a running system into a container1.
- Fixed a race condition in the testsuite.
fuidshiftto the cobra command line parser.
lxd-benchmarkto the cobra command line parser.
- Fixed a bash completion issue with the snap.
- Fixed a performance testing script issue.
- Fixed some documentation formatting issues.
- Fixed a race condition in the ceph storage code.
- Documented the new cgroup mount options.
- Updated the Japanese translation of lxc.container.conf.
- Fixed an off by one mistake in the cgfsng code.
- Update the Japanese translation of the new cgroup mount options.
- Fixed a number of thread safety issues.
- Fixed the download template to handle /tmp being a tmpfs.
- Updated the coding style documentation to cover thread exit.
- Removed unused mutex in state handler.
- Added a new
- Fixed a segfault in
- Added the libpam-cgfs code into LXC.
- Removed the libpam-cgfs code (now in LXC).
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- lxd 2.21-0ubuntu4 was uploaded to cleanup some old binary packages.
- Cherry-picked a large number of bugfixes.
- Added a note to lxd.migrate on migrating the client configuration too.
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.