We’re fast approaching the summer, and the first few sunny days have already arrived in London. The web team cannot slow its pace though…
In the last few weeks we’ve worked on:
- Responsive ubuntu.com: we’ve had a sprint to clean up our processes and CSS files after the big responsive release last month
- Ubuntu.com: we’ve updated our Jumpstart service to include the exciting new Orange Box Micro-cluster and Your cloud product pages in preparation for the OpenStack Developer Summit
- Juju GUI: we’ve finished creating new personas
- Ubuntu OpenStack Interoperability Lab: we’ve completed the report design
- Ubuntu OpenStack Installer: the installer was presented at the OpenStack Developer Summit last week, and we’ve done iterations on the designs based on recent user research
- Fenchurch: we’ve moved Fenchurch into a proper Django project, nearly completed the first phase of a new asset server with a new Juju charm, and set up a new Fenchurch instance for the new legal website
- Ubuntu Insights: we’ve made the move from Ubuntu Resources to Ubuntu Insights, and launched the desktop version of the site
- Las Vegas sprint: we worked on updated, mobile-first bundle and charm details pages and started planning for the next cycle
- Partners: we’ve completed the final UX and copy for this new Ubuntu website
And we’re currently working on:
- Responsive ubuntu.com: we’re now in the process of updating our web style guide documents before the public release of the new styles
- Ubuntu Insights: we’re adding the final touches before launching the press centre in the next few weeks
- Juju GUI: we’re planning the work for the next cycle
- Fenchurch: we’re working on getting the Juju charms in production for the new legal site, finishing up the asset server and planning the development of our new partners website
- Partners: we’re currently building the new partners website
- Legal pages: we’re now in the process of building the new hub that will hold all our legal information
- Chinese website: we’ve finalised UX and copy for this upcoming Ubuntu site
If you’d like to join the web team, we are currently looking for experienced user experience and web designers to join the team!
The design team getting ready to move desks, at the end of April.
Have you got any questions or suggestions for us? Would you like to hear about any of these projects and tasks in more detail? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Interested in running Ubuntu Desktop in your organisation?