USN-6394-2: Python vulnerability
17 October 2023
Python could be made to execute arbitrary code if it received a specially crafted script.
- python2.7 - An interactive high-level object-oriented language
USN-6394-1 fixed a vulnerability in Python. This update provides
the corresponding update for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that Python incorrectly handled certain scripts.
An attacker could possibly use this issue to execute arbitrary code
or cause a crash.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- python2.7 - 2.7.17-1~18.04ubuntu1.13+esm3
- python2.7 - 2.7.12-1ubuntu0~16.04.18+esm8
- python2.7 - 2.7.6-8ubuntu0.6+esm17
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
- USN-6394-1: idle-python3.5, python3.5-minimal, libpython3.5-stdlib, libpython3.5, python3.5-examples, python3.5-dev, libpython3.5-minimal, python3.5, libpython3.5-dev, python3.5-doc, libpython3.5-testsuite, python3.5-venv