USN-5021-2: curl vulnerability
20 January 2022
curl could be made to expose sensitive information if it received a specially crafted input.
- curl - HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP client and client libraries
USN-5021-1 fixed vulnerabilities in curl. This update provides
the corresponding updates for Ubuntu 16.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
Harry Sintonen and Tomas Hoger discovered that curl incorrectly handled
TELNET connections when the -t option was used on the command line.
Uninitialized data possibly containing sensitive information could be sent
to the remote server, contrary to expectations. (CVE-2021-22898,
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- curl - 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.19+esm3
- libcurl3 - 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.19+esm3
- libcurl3-gnutls - 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.19+esm3
- libcurl3-nss - 7.47.0-1ubuntu2.19+esm3
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
- USN-5021-1: libcurl4-nss-dev, libcurl4-gnutls-dev, libcurl3-gnutls, curl, libcurl4-openssl-dev, libcurl3-nss, libcurl4-doc, libcurl4