USN-1755-2: OpenJDK 7 vulnerabilities
07 March 2013
- openjdk-7 - Open Source Java implementation
USN-1755-1 fixed vulnerabilities in OpenJDK 6. This update provides the
corresponding updates for OpenJDK 7.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that OpenJDK did not properly validate certain types
of images. A remote attacker could exploit this to cause OpenJDK to crash.
It was discovered that OpenJDK did not properly check return values when
performing color conversion for images. If a user were tricked into
opening a crafted image with OpenJDK, such as with the Java plugin, a
remote attacker could cause OpenJDK to crash or execute arbitrary code
outside of the Java sandbox with the privileges of the user invoking the
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- icedtea-7-jre-cacao - 7u15-2.3.7-0ubuntu1~12.10.1
- icedtea-7-jre-jamvm - 7u15-2.3.7-0ubuntu1~12.10.1
- openjdk-7-jre - 7u15-2.3.7-0ubuntu1~12.10.1
- openjdk-7-jre-headless - 7u15-2.3.7-0ubuntu1~12.10.1
- openjdk-7-jre-lib - 7u15-2.3.7-0ubuntu1~12.10.1
- openjdk-7-jre-zero - 7u15-2.3.7-0ubuntu1~12.10.1
After a standard system update you need to restart any applications using
OpenJDK, such as your browser, to make all the necessary changes.