Active Directory (AD) Integration is one of the most popular Ubuntu desktop enterprise features. Ubuntu desktop 22.04 brings Active Directory integration to the next level through ADsys, a client that enables full Group Policy support, privilege escalation and remote scripts executions.
Ubuntu Desktop 22.04 is the first and only Linux distribution that natively allows you to extend the same, familiar tools you use to manage your Windows infrastructure to your Ubuntu estate. Integrating and managing Ubuntu desktop 22.04 into an existing domain becomes an effortless process when using System Security Services Daemon (SSSD) and ADsys.
This whitepaper provides detailed insights and step-by-step instructions for using SSSD to join Ubuntu Desktop into Active Directory, configuring your first GPO and scheduling your first script through ADsys.
What can I learn from this whitepaper?
- Overview of SSSD in the context of Active Directory integration.
- Detailed steps for SSSD set up and joining Ubuntu into Active Directory.
- Overview of ADsys, the new advanced Active Directory client
- How to use Group Policies to change Ubuntu desktop properties
- How to set up Active Directory to execute scripts on Ubuntu desktops
- Troubleshooting and best practices