Development (Artful / 17.10)
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. The artful kernel is now based on Linux 4.11. The Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel Freeze is Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
- The Artful kernel in the archive has been rebased to 4.11.12.
- The Artful staging repository has been rebased to 4.12.4.
- Work on 4.13 for Artful has been started and is currently tracking 4.13-rc3.
Stable (Released & Supported)
The Xenial 6.04.3 Ubuntu LTS point release will release on Thursday, August 3rd. It will contain the Xenial 4.4.0-87.110 and Xenial-HWE 4.10.0-28.32-16.04.2 kernels.
- The Xenial HWE kernel has been updated and it is now based on the Zesty 4.10 kernel. The following linux-hwe versions are available as of now:
updates/security: 4.10.0-28.32~16.04.2 proposed: 4.10.0-29.33~16.04.1
- The following kernels were promoted to -proposed for testing:
xenial 4.4.0-88.111 xenial/raspi2 4.4.0-1066.74 xenial/snapdragon 4.4.0-1068.73 xenial/aws 4.4.0-1027.36 xenial/gke 4.4.0-1023.23 trusty/lts-xenial 4.4.0-88.111~14.04.1
- The following Xenial-based kernel snaps are available in the candidate and beta channels of the snap store:
pc-kernel 126.96.36.199.93 pi2-kernel 188.8.131.525.66 dragonboard-kernel 184.108.40.2067.60
- Current cycle: 14-July through 05-August
14-Jul Last day for kernel commits for this cycle. 17-Jul - 22-Jul Kernel prep week. 23-Jul - 04-Aug Bug verification & Regression testing. 07-Aug Release to -updates.
- Next cycle: 04-Aug through 26-Aug
04-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle. 07-Aug - 12-Aug Kernel prep week. 13-Aug - 25-Aug Bug verification & Regression testing. 28-Aug Release to -updates.
- If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-kernel channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel Team mailing list at: email@example.com.
- The current CVE status
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.