This newsletter is to provide a status update from the Ubuntu Foundations Team. There will also be highlights provided for any interesting subjects the team may be working on.
If you would like to reach the Foundations team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-devel channel on freenode.
- SRU verification policy change – https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2017-June/001216.html
- The first server images containing the rolling kernel for 16.04.3 are now available for testing: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/xenial/daily/current/
- We are on our way to python3.6 as default in 17.10; please help us fix the remaining python packages that fail to build: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2017-June/039826.html
The State of the Archive
- OCaml 4.04 transition in progress
- The initial ghc migration for the cycle has completed, another round is now in progress
- The opt-in Artful Alpha 1 was released this week for several flavors. The archive is again unfrozen and packages are proceeding normally.
Upcoming Ubuntu Dates
16.10 EoL in July 2017
16.04.3 point release is scheduled for August 3, 2017
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.