The Security Team weekly reports are intended to be very short summaries of the Security Team’s weekly activities.
If you would like to reach the Security Team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-hardened channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Hardened mailing list at: email@example.com
During the last week, the Ubuntu Security team:
- Triaged 489 public security vulnerability reports, retaining the 152 that applied to Ubuntu.
- Published 6 Ubuntu Security Notices which fixed 122 security issues (CVEs) across 5 supported packages.
Mainline Inclusion Requests
completed nghttp2 (LP: #1687454)
- validate license and deprecate aliases in the review tools
- broadcom-asic-control updates PR 3898
- bootstrap.c of snap-confine calling snap-update-ns PR 3621
- s390x and i386 socket snap-seccomp test failures fix (PR 3900)
- network interface update PR 3898
- ‘mount host system fonts in desktop interface’ PR 3889
- ‘enable partial apparmor support’ PR 3814
- ‘run secondary-arch tests via gcc-multilib’ PR 3901
- apparmor profile changes for snap-confine calling snap-update-ns PR 3621
- implement/submit PR 3919 for miscellaneous policy updates xxix
- implement/submit PR 3921 for miscellaneous policy updates xxix for 2.28
policy update for org.freedesktop.DBus ListNames() PR 3928
regression and manual testing of LSM stacking with AppArmor and SELinux
- fscrypt 0.2.1 packaged
- upload apparmor 2.11.0-2ubuntu17 for systemd stub resolver
- send up patch to upstream apparmor to drop /var/run alternation in favor of /run
What the Security Team is Reading This Week
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.