The Security Team weekly reports are intended to be very short summaries of the Security Team’s weekly activities.
If you would like to reach the Security Team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-hardened channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Hardened mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the last week, the Ubuntu Security team:
- Triaged 238 public security vulnerability reports, retaining the 75 that applied to Ubuntu.
- Published 12 Ubuntu Security Notices which fixed 43 security issues (CVEs) across 9 supported packages.
Ubuntu Security Notices
Mainline Inclusion Requests
- spice-vdagent underway
Updates to Community Supported Packages
- Simon Quigley (tsimonq2) provided debdiffs for trusty-artful for git (LP: #1719740)
- PR 3973/cgroup freezer in support of layouts
- PR 3998/utilize new seccomp logging features
- PR 3999/add detection of stale mount namespaces for layouts
- PR 3872/preserve TMPDIR and HOSTALIASES across snap-confine invocation
- PR 3958/add support for /home on NFS
- PR 4008/create missing mountpoints in support of layouts
- submitted policy-updates-xxx PR 4002
- submitted small lttng PR 4003
- submitted small lxd PR 4004
- fscrypt 0.2.1 and 0.2.2 packaged
What the Security Team is Reading This Week
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.