The Security Team weekly reports are intended to be very short summaries of the Security Team’s weekly activities.
If you would like to reach the Security Team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-hardened channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Hardened mailing list at: email@example.com
During the last week, the Ubuntu Security team:
- Triaged 213 public security vulnerability reports, retaining the 65 that applied to Ubuntu.
- Published 15 Ubuntu Security Notices which fixed 16 security issues (CVEs) across 15 supported packages.
Ubuntu Security Notices
Mainline Inclusion Requests
libteam underway (LP: #1392012)
- review tools testsuite updates for resquashfs
- write-up processes for reviewing base snaps
- send up PR 4375 and PR 4375 (2.30) to add an app/hook-specific udev rule for hotplugging (fixes mir hotplug issue)
- debug chromium mknod issue with nvidia GPUs
- send up PR 4359 and PR 4360 (2.30) policy updates PRs
add missing rule to upstream AppArmor fonts abstraction
- pickup PR 4100 and send up PR 4383 (2.30) for new ssh/gpg keys interfaces
- send up PR 4366 and PR 4367 (2.30) for small removable-media fix
- update review-tools for 2.30 interfaces
- discuss options for possible biometrics interface
- snapd reviews
- PR 4365 – allow wayland socket and non-root sockets/wayland slot policy
- PR 4140 – add an interface for gnome-online-accounts D-Bus service
- PR 4369 – add write permission to optical-drive interface
What the Security Team is Reading This Week
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.