MicroK8s Version 1.16.0 Beta Released!
Tags: Beta , kubernetes , MicroK8s
We’re excited to announce the release of MicroK8s 1.16 beta! MicroK8s is a lightweight and reliable Kubernetes cluster delivered as a single snap package – it can be installed on any Linux distribution which supports snaps or Windows and Mac using Multipass. MicroK8s is small and simple to install and is a great way to stand up a cluster quickly for development and testing. Try it on your laptop!
Try it out today: sudo snap install microk8s –classic –beta
What’s new in Version 1.16 Beta
- New Cilium addon courtesy of @joestringer. Try it with microk8s.enable cilium
- New Helm addon courtesy of @joestringer. Try it with microk8s.enable helm
- RBAC rules for CoreDNS and storage add ons, courtesy of @wichert.
- Istio upgraded to v1.2.2 and now includes kiali
- Knative upgraded to v0.7
- Enabling of aggregation layer and fix on metrics server RBAC rules, thank you @giner
- Improvements in the inspection script, thanks @giorgos-apo
Get In Touch
To learn more and try out MicroK8s visit the official docs. Contribute to the project at Github, chat with us on the Kubernetes Slack, in the #microk8s channel or tag us @canonical, @ubuntu on Twitter (#MicroK8s). We are excited to hear your feedback!
What is Kubernetes?
Kubernetes, or K8s for short, is an open source platform pioneered by Google, which started as a simple container orchestration tool but has grown into a platform for deploying, monitoring and managing apps and services across clouds.