Hello MAASters! The MAAS development summaries are back!
Over the past 3 weeks, the team has made good progress on three main areas. The development of 2.3, maintenance for 2.2, and out new and improved python library (libmaas).
MAAS 2.3 (current development release)
The first official MAAS 2.3 release has been prepared. It is currently undergoing a heavy round of testing and will be announced separately once completed. Here is what the MAAS team have done over the last three weeks:
- Completed Upstream Proxy UI
- Improve the UI to better configure the different proxy modes.
- Added the ability to configure an upstream proxy.
- Network beaconing & better network discovery
- Rack registration has been refactored in order to allow deferred fabric creation and region/rack version reporting.
- End-to-end testing of the two-phase approach to interface registration. Ensure the new approach is fully backwards compatible when there is a mix of MAAS versions in use.
- Fix bugs related to initial fabric creation upon registration:
- Started Hardware Testing Phase 2
- UX team has completed the initial wireframes and gathered feedback.
- Started changes to collect and gather better test results.
- Started Switch modeling
- Started changes to support switch and switch port modeling.
- Bug fixes
- LP: #1703403 – regiond workers can use too many postgres connections
- LP: #1651165 – Unable to change disk name using maas gui
- LP: #1702690 – [2.2] Commissioning a machine prefers minimum kernel over commissioning global
- LP: #1700802 – [2.x] maas cli allocate interfaces=<label>:ip=<ADDRESS> errors with Unknown interfaces constraint Edit
- LP: #1703713 – [2.3] Devices don’t have a link from the DNS page
- LP: #1702976 – Cavium ThunderX lacks power settings after enlistment apparently due to missing kernel
- LP: #1664822 – Enable IPMI over LAN if disabled
- LP: #1703713 – Fix missing link on domain details page
- LP: #1702669 – Add index on family(ip) for each StaticIPAddress to improve execution time of the maasserver_routable_pairs view.
- LP: #1703845 – Set the re-check interval for rack to region RPC connections to the lowest value when a RPC connection is closed or lost.
MAAS 2.2 (current stable release)
- Last week, MAAS 2.2 was SRU’d into the Ubuntu Archives and to our latest LTS release, Ubuntu Xenial, replacing the MAAS 2.1 series.
- This week, a new MAAS 2.2 point release has also been prepared. It is currently undergoing heavy testing. Once testing is completed, it will be released in a separate announcement.
Last week, the team has worked on increasing the level
- Added ability to create machines.
- Added ability to commission machines.
- Added ability to manage MAAS networking definitions. Including Subnet, Fabrics, Spaces, vlans, IP Ranges, Static Routes and DHCP.
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.