The focus for this week was on CEPH and LXD clustering, trying to get the last few remaining pieces to work together properly. We’ve tagged a couple more betas as we went through that.
We’ve also spent a good chunk of time getting Ubuntu and Debian images to switch over to distrobuilder. They’re now both building daily on Jenkins and we’re just a few changes to our publication logic away from switching to them by default on the image server.
On the LXC side, we’ve done a few last minute cleanups and tagged another beta.
We’d still love to get more feedback on the current betas as we work out the last few issues before the final 3.0 release.
Upcoming conferences and events
The list below is feature or refactoring work which will span several weeks/months and can’t be tied directly to a single Github issue or pull request.
- Various kernel work
- Stable release work for LXC, LXCFS and LXD
The items listed below are highlights of the work which happened upstream over the past week and which will be included in the next release.
- Fixed a number of CEPH related clustering issues.
- Fixed automatic placement of containers within a cluster2.
- Fixed a crash when listing broken containers.
- Re-introduced an early check for existing LXD daemons.
- Fixed socket activation handling.
- Updated documentation to cover building one’s own liblxc1.
- Improved performance of privileged container creation on btrfs1.
- Fixed boolean handling in set_config_item.
- Fixed clang warning when building without libcap.
- Fixed configuration to only run mount hook once.
- Fixed a use after free in the handler.
- Update Japanese man page after removal of aufs.
- Fixed a use after free in the tools.
- Nothing to report this week
- Improved the /etc/hosts generator.
- Fixed file templating and allowed template chaining.
- Added an upstart tty generator.
- Update README.md to match current yaml.
- Refactored use of rootfsDir out of distrobuilder.
- Removed useless meta.tar from the tree.
- Changed pongo2 templating to use YAML tags.
- Fixed the default values for name and description variables.
- Fixed distrobuilder to consistently use the kernel architecture.
- Fixed /etc/hosts LXD generator to also prepend host line if needed.
- Added support to overriding YAML keys through the command line.
- Fixed templating to consistently add a trailing newline as needed.
- Fixed running multiple instances of distrobuilder at the same time.
- Exported the mapped architecture to templates.
- Updated README.md to link to CI.
This section is used to track the work done in downstream Linux distributions to ship the latest LXC, LXD and LXCFS as well as work to get various software to work properly inside containers.
- 3.0.0~beta4-0ubuntu1 was uploaded, following the upstream release.
- 3.0.0~beta5-0ubuntu1 was uploaded, following the upstream release.
- 3.0.0~beta5-0ubuntu2 was uploaded, disabling LVM testing in adt.
- The beta channel was updated to LXD 3.0.0.beta4.
- The beta channel was updated to LXD 3.0.0.beta5.
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.