This newsletter is to provide a status update from the Ubuntu Kernel Team. There will also be highlights provided for any interesting subjects the team may be working on.
If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-kernel channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel Team mailing list at: email@example.com
- Canonical Kernel Livepatch Service now available for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Simple Job Scripting now in stress-ng 0.08.00
- Testing the Windows subsystem for Linux
- Xen security update released on Zesty, Yakkety, Xenial, and Trusty
- 4.11.0-5.10 in artful-proposed
- Unstable updated to 4.12-rc4
- canonical-kernel-team/proposed PPA available for testing artful proposed kernels
- Refreshed bcc snap on latest bcc tip (pulls in a bunch of bug fixes)
- Preparation of 4.4.70 upstream stable kernel update for Xenial
- CVE’s fixed in latest Xenial SRU
Devel Kernel Announcements
Version 4.11 is now in artful-proposed. We have a new ppa to make testing easier:
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. The Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel Freeze is Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
Stable Kernel Announcements
Current cycle: 02-Jun through 24-Jun
02-Jun Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
05-Jun – 10-Jun Kernel prep week.
11-Jun – 23-Jun Bug verification & Regression testing..
26-Jun Release to -updates.
Next cycle: 23-Jun through 15-Jul
23-Jun Last day for kernel commits for this cycle
26-Jun – 01-Jul Kernel prep week.
02-Jul – 14-Jul Bug verification & Regression testing..
17-Jul Release to -updates.
The current CVE status can be reviewed at the following:
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.