Development (Artful / 17.10)
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. The artful kernel is now based on Linux 4.12. The Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel Freeze is Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
- The 4.12 kernel is available in the archive for Artful 17.10. It is based on upstream v4.12.8.
- The Artful staging kernel repository has been updated to 4.13-rc5.
- Xen has been updated to 4.9 in Artful this week.
Stable (Released & Supported)
The following kernel snaps have been uploaded to the snapcraft store:
aws-kernel 126.96.36.1991.33 dragonboard-kernel 188.8.131.522.64 gke-kernel 184.108.40.2067.28 pc-kernel 220.127.116.11.97 pi2-kernel 18.104.22.1680.70
Current cycle: 04-Aug through 26-Aug
04-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle. 07-Aug - 12-Aug Kernel prep week. 13-Aug - 25-Aug Bug verification & Regression testing. 28-Aug Release to -updates.
Next cycle: 25-Aug through 16-Sep
25-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle. 28-Aug - 02-Sep Kernel prep week. 03-Sep - 15-Sep Bug verification & Regression testing. 18-Sep Release to -updates.
- Released stress-ng 0.08.11 (new inode flag stressor and minor fixes).
- If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-kernel
channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel Team mailing
list at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The current CVE status
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.