Yesterday, I delivered a talk to a lively audience at ContainerWorld in Santa Clara, California.
If I measured “the most interesting slides” by counting “the number of people who took a picture of the slide”, then by far “the most interesting slides” are slides 8-11, which pose an answer the question:
“Should I run my PaaS on top of my IaaS, or my IaaS on top of my PaaS”?
In the Ubuntu world, that answer is super easy — however you like! At Canonical, we’re happy to support:
- Kubernetes running on top of Ubuntu OpenStack
- OpenStack running on top of Canonical Kubernetes
- Kubernetes running along side OpenStack
- you’ve got 1 to N physical or virtual machines
- which are dynamically provisioned by MAAS or your cloud provider
- running stable, minimal, secure Ubuntu server image
- carved up into fast, efficient, independently addressable LXD machine containers
As always, I’m happy to share my slides with you here. You’re welcome to download the PDF, or flip through the embedded slides below.
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.