The Ubuntu App Design Clinic is back! This month members of the Design Team James Mulholland (UX Designer), Jouni Helminen (Visual Designer) and Andrea Bernabei (UX Engineer) sat down with Dan Wood, contributor to the OwnCloud app.
What is OwnCloud?
OwnCloud is an open source project, self-hosted file sync and share app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & bookmarks across your devices.
You can contribute to it here.
- First case usage – the first point of entry for the user, maybe a file manager or a possible tooltip introduction.
- Convergent thinking – how the app looks across different surfaces.
- Top-level navigation – using the header to display actions, such as settings.
- Using Online Accounts to sync other accounts to the cloud.
- Using sync frequency or instant syncing.
If you missed it, or want to watch it again, here it is:
The next App Design Clinic is yet to be confirmed. Stay tuned.
Interested in running Ubuntu Desktop in your organisation?