USN-4547-1: iTALC vulnerabilities
28 September 2020
Several security issues were fixed in iTALC.
- italc - didact tool which allows teachers to view and control computer labs
It was discovered that an information disclosure vulnerability existed in the
LibVNCServer vendored in iTALC when sending a ServerCutText message. An
attacker could possibly use this issue to expose sensitive information.
It was discovered that the LibVNCServer and LibVNCClient vendored in iTALC
incorrectly handled certain packet lengths. A remote attacker could possibly
use this issue to obtain sensitive information, cause a denial of service, or
execute arbitrary code.
(CVE-2018-15127 CVE-2018-20019, CVE-2018-20020, CVE-2018-20021, CVE-2018-20022,
CVE-2018-20023, CVE-2018-20024, CVE-2018-20748, CVE-2018-20749, CVE-2018-20750,
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
- USN-3877-1: libvncserver, libvncserver-dev, libvncserver-config, linuxvnc, libvncclient1, libvncserver1, libvncserver0
- USN-4587-1: italc-client, italc, italc-master, italc-management-console, libitalccore
- USN-4547-2: ssvnc
- USN-3618-1: libvncserver, libvncserver-dev, libvncserver-config, linuxvnc, libvncclient1, libvncserver1, libvncserver0
- USN-4573-1: vino
- USN-4407-1: libvncserver, libvncserver-dev, libvncserver-config, libvncclient1, libvncserver1