Ubuntu on public clouds
Ubuntu is the world’s most popular cloud operating system across public clouds. Thanks to its security, versatility and policy of regular updates, Ubuntu is the leading cloud guest OS and the only free cloud operating system with the option of enterprise-grade commercial support.
A selection of our certified public cloud partners
Ubuntu Server on public cloud
- Maintenance and security updates guaranteed for five years with Ubuntu LTS
- Enterprise-grade support and management tools available direct from Canonical
- Proven for enterprise-scale workloads on all leading public clouds
- Free from licence fees, regardless of how many images you run
Ubuntu Pro on public cloud
- 10 years of package updates and security maintenance with Ubuntu Pro
- Kernel Livepatch, which allows for continuous security patching and higher uptime and availability by allowing kernel security updates to be applied without a reboot
- Customised FIPS and Common Criteria EAL-compliant components for use in environments under compliance regimes such as FedRAMP, PCI, HIPAA and ISO
- Patch coverage for Ubuntu's infrastructure and application repositories, spanning hundreds of open source workloads including Apache Kafka, MongoDB, Node.js, RabbitMQ, Redis and more
18.04 LTS certifications are in-progress and will be available Q2 2020. Certified components and kernel live patches are not available for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Fast service deployment with Juju
Juju is the fastest way to deploy and scale out your workloads on the leading public clouds. With Juju charm bundles, you can launch an entire cloud environment with one click, or just one command using the CLI. Use Juju to deploy your entire application infrastructure, all in one.
The best management and support
The Ubuntu Advantage support service has flexible Ubuntu Virtual Guest options, designed for virtualised enterprise workloads on Ubuntu-certified public clouds. Thanks to Landscape, efficient management of all your Ubuntu instances is only a few clicks away. And with the Canonical Livepatch Service, you can apply critical kernel patches without rebooting.
Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distribution for development and deployment. If your developers already use Ubuntu, moving to the cloud is even easier.
Ready to get started?
Ubuntu Pro for AWS is a premium image designed by Canonical to provide the most comprehensive feature set for production environments running in the public cloud.
Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS is a free download that includes five years worth of security and maintenance updates, guaranteed. Using an Ubuntu partner cloud ensures access to the latest certified Ubuntu cloud images. To run Ubuntu as guest on participating public clouds, the simplest way is to use the image maintained on their server.