Open source core network
Connecting the world
Magma is an open-source software platform that gives network operators an open, flexible and extendable mobile core network solution. Magma is designed to be 3GPP generation and access network (cellular or WiFi) agnostic. Running on Ubuntu, deployed with Juju Charms and on-boarded with OSM is how we like it.
Enabled by Magma Core
- Cellular service without vendor lock-in with a modern, open source core network
- Efficient network management with automation, less downtime and more agility to add new services and applications
- Federation between MNOs and new infrastructure providers
- Add capacity and reach by using Wi-Fi and CBRS
All components included
Access Gateway for network services and policy enforcement deploys an evolved packet core (EPC), and a combination of an AAA and a PGW.
Orchestrator is a cloud service that provides a simple and consistent way to configure and monitor wireless networks securely.
Federation Gateway integrates the MNO core network with Magma by using standard 3GPP interfaces to existing MNO components.
Juju is designed to model hybrid and multi-cloud environments, as well as provide native support for containers (KVM, LXD), container management (Kubernetes), networking/firewalls, and storage.
Juju allows you to deploy, configure, manage, maintain, and scale cloud applications on all of these substrates.
Clean, composable operators
Juju transforms your ability to integrate fast-moving open source components into large, complex deployments. Charmed operators solve two key problems - application operations domain knowledge is encapsulated in reusable packages, and dynamic model discovery allows reuse of those packages in widely different settings.
- Multi-cloud operations
- Reduced complexity
- Simplify day two and beyond
Open source security
More than Linux. Security and compliance for the full stack.
Secure your open source apps. Patch the full stack, from kernel to library and applications, for CVE compliance. Governments and auditors certify Ubuntu for FedRAMP, FISMA and HITECH.
- 10 year security maintenance and CVE Patching
- Kernel Livepatch for 24/7 patching with no downtime
- Extended security for infrastructure and applications
- FIPS 140-2 cryptographic modules certified by NIST
- Common Criteria EAL2: ISO/IEC IS 15408 validated by CSEC
- DISA/STIG hardening for DoD compliance
- CIS profiles for cyber defence and malware prevention
Full stack, one price
Security, support and managed open source for enterprises with Ubuntu Advantage
Ubuntu Advantage is a single, per-node package of the most comprehensive enterprise security and support for open source infrastructure and applications, with managed service offerings available.
Trusted by leading service providers, globally
Innovate in telecommunications with Canonical
The experts in open source operations, from cloud to devices are waiting to help you on your journey.