USN-5083-1: Python vulnerabilities
16 September 2021
Several security issues were fixed in Python.
- python3.4 - An interactive high-level object-oriented language
- python3.5 - An interactive high-level object-oriented language
It was discovered that Python incorrectly handled certain RFCs.
An attacker could possibly use this issue to cause a denial of service.
This issue only affected Ubuntu 16.04 ESM. (CVE-2021-3733)
It was discovered that Python incorrectly handled certain
server responses. An attacker could possibly use this issue to
cause a denial of service. (CVE-2021-3737)
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
- USN-5199-1: libpython3.6-stdlib, python3.6-examples, libpython3.6-testsuite, python3.6-dev, idle-python3.6, python3.6-venv, python3.6, python3.6-doc, python3.6-minimal, libpython3.6-dev, libpython3.6-minimal, libpython3.6
- USN-5200-1: libpython3.8, python3.8-venv, python3.8-minimal, libpython3.7, idle-python3.8, libpython3.7-dev, python3.7-doc, idle-python3.7, python3.7-dev, libpython3.8-stdlib, libpython3.8-testsuite, python3.7-minimal, python3.7-examples, libpython3.7-minimal, libpython3.7-stdlib, libpython3.7-testsuite, libpython3.8-dev, python3.8-dev, libpython3.8-minimal, python3.8-examples, python3.8, python3.7-venv, python3.7
- USN-5201-1: libpython3.8, idle-python3.9, python3.8-venv, python3.8-minimal, python3.9-full, idle-python3.8, libpython3.9-dev, libpython3.9-stdlib, python3.9-venv, python3.9-dev, libpython3.8-stdlib, libpython3.8-testsuite, python3.9, libpython3.9-testsuite, python3.9-minimal, python3.9-doc, python3.8-doc, libpython3.8-dev, python3.8-dev, libpython3.8-minimal, python3.8-full, python3.8-examples, python3.9-examples, libpython3.9-minimal, python3.8, libpython3.9