USN-4420-1: Cinder and os-brick vulnerability
07 July 2020
Cinder and os-brick could be made to expose sensitive information.
- cinder - OpenStack storage service
- python-os-brick - Library for managing local volume attaches
- python-os-brick - Library for managing local volume attaches - Python 2.x
David Hill and Eric Harney discovered that Cinder and os-brick incorrectly
handled ScaleIO backend credentials. An attacker could possibly use this issue to
expose sensitive information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- python-cinder - 2:12.0.9-0ubuntu1.2
- python-os-brick - 2.3.0-0ubuntu1.2
- python3-os-brick - 2.3.0-0ubuntu1.2
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.