USN-2740-1: ICU vulnerabilities
16 September 2015
Several security issues were fixed in ICU.
- icu - International Components for Unicode library
Atte Kettunen discovered that ICU incorrectly handled certain converter
names. If an application using ICU processed crafted data, a remote
attacker could possibly cause it to crash. (CVE-2015-1270)
It was discovered that ICU incorrectly handled certain memory operations
when processing data. If an application using ICU processed crafted data,
a remote attacker could possibly cause it to crash or potentially execute
arbitrary code with the privileges of the user invoking the program.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
- USN-2677-1: oxide-qt, liboxideqtcore0, liboxideqt-qmlplugin, oxideqt-codecs, oxideqmlscene, oxideqt-codecs-extra, oxideqt-chromedriver, liboxideqtquick0
- 2696-1: openjdk-7-jre, icedtea-7-jre-jamvm, openjdk-7-jre-lib, openjdk-7-jdk, openjdk-7-jre-zero, openjdk-7, openjdk-7-jre-headless
- USN-2706-1: icedtea-6-jre-jamvm, openjdk-6-jre-zero, openjdk-6-source, openjdk-6-jre-headless, icedtea-6-jre-cacao, openjdk-6-jdk, openjdk-6, openjdk-6-jre-lib, openjdk-6-jre
- USN-2696-1: openjdk-7-jre, icedtea-7-jre-jamvm, openjdk-7-demo, openjdk-7-doc, openjdk-7-jre-lib, openjdk-7-source, openjdk-7-jdk, openjdk-7-jre-zero, openjdk-7, openjdk-7-jre-headless