Hello Ubuntu Server!
The purpose of this communication is to provide a status update and highlights for any interesting subjects from the Ubuntu Server Team. If you would like to reach the server team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-server channel on Freenode. Alternatively, you can sign up and use the Ubuntu Server Team mailing list.
Spotlight: Server Team at the Ubuntu Rally
Last week the Canonical Server Team attended the Ubuntu Rally in NYC! Take a quick read at our blog post to see some of the topics we tackled at the rally.
- Robert Schweikert: suse cloud-config module to add zypper repos and zypp config
- Robert Schweikert: Allow cloud-init.final stage to spawn infinite processes
- Andrew Jorgensen: Remove prettytable dependency
- Fix dhcp parsing in Artful of networkd leases for CloudStack and Azure
- Updated packaging copyright file (LP: #1718681)
- Add support for install in venv (LP: #1691072)
- Curtin can now be configured to send events to journald
- Test automation fixes to tar sparse files to avoid saturating jenkins
- Released version 0.2.1, which uses LXD containers for
git ubuntu build[-source], updated snap versioning, and significant snap refactoring.
- Released version 0.2.2, which came with a few fixes to the import job due to snap restructuring.
Bug Work and Triage
Ubuntu Server Packages
Below is a summary of uploads to the development and supported releases. Current status of the Debian to Ubuntu merges is tracked on the Merge-o-Matic page. For a full list of recent merges with change logs please see the Ubuntu Server report.
Uploads to the Development Release (Artful)
dnsmasq, 2.78-1, None golang-check.v1, 0.0+git20161208.0.20d25e2-1build1, xnox libpcap, 1.8.1-5ubuntu1, costamagnagianfranco libs3, 2.0-3, None lxd, 2.18-0ubuntu3, stgraber munin, 2.0.33-3, None nss, 2:3.32-1ubuntu3, mdeslaur openhpi, 3.6.1-3, None pyjwt, 1.4.2-1.1, None slof, 20170724+dfsg-1, None Total: 10
Uploads to Supported Releases (Trusty, Xenial, Yakkety, Zesty)
dnsmasq, zesty, 2.76-5ubuntu0.1, mdeslaur dnsmasq, xenial, 2.75-1ubuntu0.16.04.3, mdeslaur dnsmasq, trusty, 2.68-1ubuntu0.2, mdeslaur lxd, xenial, 2.18-0ubuntu3~16.04.2, stgraber lxd, zesty, 2.18-0ubuntu3~17.04.2, stgraber lxd, zesty, 2.18-0ubuntu3~17.04.1, stgraber lxd, xenial, 2.18-0ubuntu3~16.04.1, stgraber nss, zesty, 2:3.28.4-0ubuntu0.17.04.3, mdeslaur nss, xenial, 2:3.28.4-0ubuntu0.16.04.3, mdeslaur nss, trusty, 2:3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.3, mdeslaur sssd, xenial, 1.13.4-1ubuntu1.8, sil2100 Total: 11
Contact the Ubuntu Server team
- Chat on #ubuntu-server on Freenode
- Email the ubuntu-server mailing list
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.