Juju GUI: get your users started with getstarted.md
Tags: Deployment , Grafana , GUI , juju charms
- State prerequisites upfront so they don’t start down a path they can’t finish.
- List the minimum number of steps that they should follow to see the charm working at some level of success. e.g get your users to a web dashboard or a REPL. We suggest using fewer than 10 steps.
- Give your user links to sensible next steps. Link to external resources, most important first.
Extra points to keep in mind
- Remember your user is in the GUI.
- Start instruction with verbs – write in the imperative tense.
- Write the simplest actions. Concentrate on what they need to do to get started.
- Use code blocks for CLI commands.
- Use the format of machines, protocols, and full paths to make reaching the most important endpoints of your application obvious.
Examples of some quickstart.md files
Ubuntu offers all the training, software infrastructure, tools, services and support you need for your public and private clouds.