USN-5006-2: PHP vulnerabilities
13 July 2021
Several security issues were fixed in PHP.
USN-5006-1 fixed several vulnerabilities in PHP. This update provides
the corresponding update for Ubuntu 14.04 ESM and Ubuntu 16.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that PHP incorrectly handled certain PHAR files. A remote
attacker could possibly use this issue to cause PHP to crash, resulting in
a denial of service, or possibly obtain sensitive information. (CVE-2020-7068)
It was discovered that PHP incorrectly handled parsing URLs with passwords.
A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to cause PHP to mis-parse
the URL and produce wrong data. (CVE-2020-7071)
It was discovered that PHP incorrectly handled certain malformed XML data
when being parsed by the SOAP extension. A remote attacker could possibly
use this issue to cause PHP to crash, resulting in a denial of service.
It was discovered that PHP incorrectly handled the pdo_firebase module. A
remote attacker could possibly use this issue to cause PHP to crash,
resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2021-21704)
It was discovered that PHP incorrectly handled the FILTER_VALIDATE_URL
check. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to perform a server-
side request forgery attack. (CVE-2021-21705)
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- php7.0-cgi - 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.16+esm1
- php7.0-fpm - 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.16+esm1
- php7.0-cli - 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.16+esm1
- libapache2-mod-php7.0 - 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.16+esm1
- php5-cgi - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm14
- libapache2-mod-php5 - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm14
- php5-fpm - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm14
- php5-cli - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm14
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.
- USN-5006-1: libapache2-mod-php7.4, php7.2-zip, libphp7.2-embed, php7.4-enchant, php7.4-interbase, php7.2-json, php7.4-mysql, libphp7.4-embed, php7.4-xmlrpc, php7.4-xml, php7.4-mbstring, php7.2-tidy, libapache2-mod-php7.2, php7.2-opcache, php7.4-odbc, php7.2-pspell, php7.2-sqlite3, php7.4-sqlite3, php7.4-pgsql, php7.2-common, php7.2-pgsql, php7.4-fpm, php7.4-json, php7.4-gmp, php7.2-curl, php7.4-soap, php7.2-imap, php7.2-interbase, php7.2-enchant, php7.2-ldap, php7.2-readline, php7.4-snmp, php7.2-intl, php7.2-mbstring, php7.4-readline, php7.2, php7.4-sybase, php7.2-xml, php7.2-gmp, php7.4-gd, php7.4-opcache, php7.4-xsl, php7.2-dev, php7.2-mysql, php7.4-cgi, php7.4-ldap, php7.2-cgi, php7.4-imap, php7.2-phpdbg, php7.4-bcmath, php7.2-fpm, php7.4-dba, php7.4-pspell, php7.2-recode, php7.4-intl, php7.2-sybase, php7.4-bz2, php7.2-snmp, php7.4-phpdbg, php7.2-xmlrpc, php7.2-gd, php7.4-common, php7.2-odbc, php7.4, php7.2-dba, php7.4-dev, php7.4-curl, php7.2-bz2, php7.2-xsl, php7.2-bcmath, php7.2-cli, php7.4-cli, php7.4-zip, php7.2-soap, php7.4-tidy