USN-4009-2: PHP vulnerabilities
05 June 2019
Several security issues were fixed in PHP.
- php5 - HTML-embedded scripting language interpreter
USN-4009-1 fixed several vulnerabilities in PHP. This update provides
the corresponding update for Ubuntu 12.04 ESM and Ubuntu 14.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that PHP incorrectly decoding certain MIME headers. A
remote attacker could possibly use this issue to cause PHP to crash,
resulting in a denial of service. (CVE-2019-11039)
It was discovered that PHP incorrectly handled certain exif tags in images.
A remote attacker could use this issue to cause PHP to crash, resulting in
a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2019-11040)
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- libapache2-mod-php5 - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm3
- php5-cgi - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm3
- php5-cli - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm3
- php5-fpm - 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.29+esm3
- libapache2-mod-php5 - 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.37
- php5-cgi - 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.37
- php5-cli - 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.37
- php5-fpm - 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.37
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.