USN-3850-2: NSS vulnerabilities
18 February 2019
Several security issues were fixed in NSS.
- nss - Network Security Service library
USN-3850-1 fixed several vulnerabilities in NSS. This update provides
the corresponding update for Ubuntu 12.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
Keegan Ryan discovered that NSS incorrectly handled ECDSA key generation.
A local attacker could possibly use this issue to perform a cache-timing
attack and recover private ECDSA keys. (CVE-2018-0495)
It was discovered that NSS incorrectly handled certain v2-compatible
ClientHello messages. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to
perform a replay attack. (CVE-2018-12384)
It was discovered that NSS incorrectly handled certain padding oracles. A
remote attacker could possibly use this issue to perform a variant of the
Bleichenbacher attack. (CVE-2018-12404)
- USN-3689-2: libgcrypt11
- USN-3692-1: libssl1.0.0, libssl-doc, libssl1.1-udeb, libssl1.1, libssl1.0-dev, libssl1.0.0-udeb, libcrypto1.1-udeb, openssl1.0, libssl-dev, openssl, libcrypto1.0.0-udeb
- USN-3692-2: libssl1.0.0, openssl
- USN-3850-1: libnss3-1d, nss, libnss3-nssdb, libnss3-dev, libnss3, libnss3-tools
- USN-3689-1: libgcrypt11-dev, libgcrypt20-doc, libgcrypt-mingw-w64-dev, libgcrypt20-dev, libgcrypt11-doc, libgcrypt11-udeb, libgcrypt20, libgcrypt11, libgcrypt20-udeb