USN-3489-2: Berkeley DB vulnerability
21 November 2017
db, db4.8 vulnerability
- db - Berkeley v5.1 Database Utilities
- db4.8 - Berkeley v4.8 Database Utilities
USN-3489-1 fixed a vulnerability in Berkeley DB. This update provides the
corresponding update for Ubuntu 12.04 ESM.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that Berkeley DB incorrectly handled certain configuration files.
An attacker could possibly use this issue to read sensitive information.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- db4.8-util - 4.8.30-11ubuntu1.1
- db5.1-util - 5.1.25-11ubuntu0.1
- libdb4.8 - 4.8.30-11ubuntu1.1
- libdb5.1 - 5.1.25-11ubuntu0.1
In general, a standard system update will make all the necessary changes.