USN-2963-1: OpenJDK 8 vulnerabilities
04 May 2016
- openjdk-8 - Open Source Java implementation
Multiple vulnerabilities were discovered in the OpenJDK JRE related to
information disclosure, data integrity, and availability. An attacker
could exploit these to cause a denial of service, expose sensitive data
over the network, or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2016-0686,
Multiple vulnerabilities were discovered in the OpenJDK JRE related
to information disclosure. An attacker could exploit this to expose
sensitive data over the network. (CVE-2016-0695, CVE-2016-3426)
A vulnerability was discovered in the OpenJDK JRE related to availability.
An attacker could exploit this to cause a denial of service.
The problem can be corrected by updating your system to the following package versions:
- openjdk-8-jdk - 8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1
- openjdk-8-jdk-headless - 8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1
- openjdk-8-jre - 8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1
- openjdk-8-jre-headless - 8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1
- openjdk-8-jre-jamvm - 8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1
- openjdk-8-jre-zero - 8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1
- openjdk-8-source - 8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1
This update uses a new upstream release, which includes additional
bug fixes. After a standard system update you need to restart any
Java applications or applets to make all the necessary changes.